Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Two weeks too late

Two weeks ago I started this blog dealing with the great hopes of trying to detail how I was using each of a variety of tools over a couple of weeks. Well a couple of weeks have gone by and I've not posted anything. So to my excuses:

1. I got a cold for a week which really put me down

2. I intended to do it but didn't get around to it

3. I had other important things to do, like... hummm I'm thinking...

4. I have migrated my phone from a newer flip phone to my son's older "moto Q" even though the battery sucks. My hope is I can keep a project list on that even though I'm not using outlook that much.

Having said that, here's what I did get done. I got a four drawer, quality file cabinet at an office furniture outlet. It cost me $95 and would have sold for $300 new. I redid a whole drawer of hanging files to regular style. [BTW the labeler idea in GTD is good but for files it is a WHOLE lot easier to get 3-tab file folder labels and set up a template in MS Word and print them out.]

I also created a larger monitor stand for my desk. Now I have two levels across the whole desk which I can actually put something underneath. I also purchased bookcollector and have borrowed a friend's barcode scanner to see if it's compatible. If it is, I'll be worlds ahead at having that project completed.

This afternoon my task is to do a weekly review. My first one went well. This one I'm not anticipating as good a response. It's a good 8" high and includes everything from booklets to journals and the regular sort of receipts and paper work.


I still intend to get to outlining how I'm using the various tools.

Alan

No comments: